Friday, October 24, 2014

Camera Sharing Game

The night before heading off to burning man I stayed up all night far too excited to sleep. I was going through my boxes of goodies to take out to the playa and found a box of disposable cameras I had bought the year before. I know myself and know that I am not someone who will stop to take photos during playa adventures.... so I decided to share my cameras and turn it into a game. I attached notes to the five cameras. The notes read as follows:


  1. Take a photo with your friends. Make it beautiful and sexy...just like you are!
  2. Write your email address on the back of this card.
  3. Pass this camera to someone you don’t know.
  4. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

On the back of the card I left a space for people to write their email addresses and gave instructions for returning the camera to me back in the default world. About a month after returning from the playa a very kind burner named Cordelia developed one of the cameras and sent me the results. The other four cameras are still floating around out there. Maybe they’ll make their way home eventually. Thanks to all the beautiful people played with me! Enjoy!




















10 comments:

  1. Awesome first post my friend. Great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! That second to last one certainly is beautiful and sexy haha. Stoked to see more posts man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, really cool!
    I have done a similar project this year, great to see this coincidences, I'm sure that other have done it too <3

    http://www.laiskantor.com/portfolio/burning-man-project/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the next step of the project! Help me share it and get a camera or two! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jorendawson/camera-sharing-project

      Delete
  4. So not sure if my comment posted but I got given a camera at Burning Man but the paper wrapped around it fell off and I had no email address. Is this you? The photos are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be! Email me! Jorendaw@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Check out the next step of the project! Help me share it and get a camera or two! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jorendawson/camera-sharing-project

      Delete